Thursday, August 14, 2008

"This is going to be interesting"

6 words you never want to hear from your doctor when discussing your upcoming C-Section. However I heard those words today! CRAP!!! So as all of you know,we are now in the home stretch, 3days and counting...that's right 3 DAYS. So now that we are getting so close to the day I think I just might back out. I was laying in the hospital today thinking "I am not ready to do this, maybe they will just forget to give me a c-section and we will act like this whole thing never happened". YEA RIGHT, needless to say my nerves have gotten the best of me. I am so ridiculously scared at this point that I just want to run and hide. For those of you who know me well, you know that one of my biggest fears is surgery. I had a horrible experience having a c-section with Taylor (after 38.5 hours of hard labor) and receiving an epidural that sent me into respiratory distress they decided I needed an emergency c-section...it was quite the horrific experience, one that my mother and I will never forget, as she had to sit there helpless while I stopped breathing for over a minute. The thought of something going wrong again haunts me every second of the day.
Okay so what has brought me to tell you all this...today was my last pre-natal check up with Dr. Riley, my b/p was through the roof again (140/100) so I knew from the beginning that I was going into the hospital for another NST. Dr. Riley comes into the office and listened to Katie's heartbeat (it was fabulous) and i started asking questions...(HERE WE GO) how many people can I have in the OR (1), do you allow cameras (yes), how long will my hospital stay be (2-3 days), after my last surgery you said I had a ton of scar tissue is that going to be an issue (this is where the discussion turns). Dr. Riley says "Well let me look at your file at the surgical notes (from my LEEP and the removal of my fallopian tube, ovary and tumor)" Then within the same breath says "This is going to be interesting" excuse me? And he replies "Well, its a good thing that this is a planned c-section and not an emergency, we are just really going to have to take our time". At this point I explain to him that Valium will be a must because he has now scared the poop out of me, to which he assures me that I will be kept comfy and relaxed....we will see about that! Then he sends me off to the hospital with orders in hand for the NST, which turned out fine, my b/p dropped back down to a normal state (106/75) and they sent me home with instructions to be at the hospital Monday morning at 4 am.
So this will most likely be my last blog while pregnant, the next time you guys hear from me, I will hopefully have some pictures for you all to oooooh and awwww over. Please please please keep Katie and I in all of your prayers that we both come through this surgery happy and healthy. We cant wait to meet her, but we are still very nervous!
Oh yea, if anyone wants to get in on the action Mom, Justin and Khristyna have a bet going on how much this little one will weigh... Mom - 9lbs, Justin - 7.4, and Khristyna - 6.13. I wonder who will win this one...I will let you guys know sometime Monday afternoon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl! I'm thinking and praying about you and Katie!!! You know Evan was an emergency c-section. I know you had a bad time before but think how long that has been, really? Things are going to be totally different this time. No sweat girl! You can do it!!!! I was scared to death and that is totally normal. You will be in tons of people's prayers and I'm planning to come see you on Monday so be ready!!! Love ya girl!