Friday, August 29, 2008

2 weeks old,a good man and an update on weight



Well our little kitten (our pet name for her, its an inside joke between the family, and i will spare you the goofy details) is 2 weeks old and is changing everyday, which makes me sad. I have declared with this baby that I refuse to wish her away. You know i wish she would start crawling, talking, walking, be out of diapers, etc etc etc... As this is what most people tend to do with babies mostly because they just cant wait for them to grow up, well not me. Even though I am exhausted and running on 4 hours of sleep I am going to enjoy every second of this little girl that I can.

WARNING - mushy lovey dovey stuff to follow. I didn't know it was possible for me to love someone so much. i didn't know it was possible for that love to grow more deeply as every day passes. But that seems to be the situation I have found myself thrust into. This man is my hero, to say the least. He found me when I was broken and he put me back together again, I think I did the same for him too. As I look at our child I see so much of him. I have never felt this way about anyone before in my life which is kind of scary. WHY??? Because every man that I have ever had in my life allows me to fall in love with them (to a certain degree) and then walk away as if I had never existed. When I was younger I always thought I will stay with the father of my children no matter what. Well that all changes very quickly. Tay and Ems father and I did not belong together and that was obvious to everyone but me from the start. Then I fell into relationships with people that I thought I could "save", only to learn you cant save anyone but yourself. Then out of the blue, God obviously had a grand plan and it fell right into place that day, I met Justin. He and I quickly realized that we didn't have to "save" each other and that we didn't have to help the other one grow up. We realized that we didn't need each other we wanted each other, and that difference is huge. We didn't need anyone to complete us, we just needed our other half, not our better half, but our other half. I can honestly say he and I have never had a fight. Some of you may think that's crap but its the truth. Some of you may think that because we don't fight we lack passion and never get to "make up". Well I am here to tell you when you don't fight with someone the passion never leaves it is always there and you don't feel the need to "make up" because everything is right. For this man I am so very thankful, not a day goes by that I don't thank God for bringing him into my life. And now we have this perfect little girl, which has made me fall in love with him all over again. When I see him come home from work I get the same butterflies that I got in the beginning of our relationship. I cant wait to see him every day. I count the minutes until he gets home. While pregnant with Katie Bella I was quite uncomfortable and unable to snuggle up with him at night time. Now that I am getting back to normal I cant wait for him and I to hop in the bed in hopes that I will be snuggling with him for the entire night. I know this is not what you guys had in mind for my blog on Katie Bella's page but I just felt the need to share these thoughts.


ON THE OTHER HAND...The doctor appointment went great. This sweet girl is up to 7lbs 9oz so she does not have to go back into the hospital which made me so happy and I felt a sense of accomplishment.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl! That screaming picture is THE BEST! What a hoot. You know, she was like Mom, what are you doing to me!? haha

I'm glad to see you guys are doing well. Thinking 'bout you!